Friday, February 23, 2018

Moments of Peace

https://www.tes.com/lessons/g13q0ilBNTFIJg/hannah-prays-for-a-son
I would say that I understood the sorrow of Hannah especially at the moment when she laid before the Lord at Shiloh and wept in anguish, praying for a child. I do not. Even though I’ve wept before the Lord severally for my children. What I do know is that she went her way and ate, and her face was no longer sad after Eli the priest blessed her [ISamuel 1: 10-18].
I wonder about that moment when she received the peace that took away her distress, and I understand this.

There is a moment when we receive peace right in the center of the storms of life. There is that moment where we have no clue about the way out, but we just find our spirits relaxing in the assurance that “God’s got this!”
That is the moment of freedom. It is that moment I seek, when the waves of despair buffet me and I don’t know what to do. This is the moment that keeps me in Him, praying to Him, relying on Him as He uses the problems I face to bring people into my life to help me, or even to be helped by me.

These moments of peace when the chaos around seems unending are the reason we stay in Faith. It is because we know deep down that no matter how terrible the troubles we face or the crisis we find ourselves, He will take care of us and bring us through it in victory.

You see, God's got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment