Friday, March 16, 2018

The Other Side of The Coin


I heard it many times, indeed I’ve heard it before
There are always 2 sides to a coin
Spoken, advised and counselled
I thought my side was the only side
Though I said otherwise, my actions spoke louder
Offenses, offended and offending
Constant turmoil was my lot
With friends, family and foes alike
No peace, no joy and no way forward
Stagnated, immovable with heart rended
Then along came Zhenyi, Bev, Randeep and Wendy
And they opened my eyes to new ways of seeing
Seeing, being and living life through new lenses
These coins had other sides
Dare to see the other side, I learnt
I did, and freedom was mine
Enlightened, I realized…
Am not a know-all, see-all and be-all
My past is not the only past and my present, not the only one
If I paused to listen and consider, I will find
There’s something beyond my sight and experience
Places I haven’t been and situations I hadn’t encountered
If I took the time to be patient, I will discover
Those lives I haven’t lived and moments still unmet
It took me a while, in a long and hard way
But I can tell you from this walk
There are indeed, 2 sides to every coin, even my own

1 comment: